Friday, June 14, 2013

Can you STAND to LEAD?


    As I sit here today, in a foreign place, resting and enjoying my time of waiting on GOD’S promises, I was reminded of what it takes to lead. Earlier, I received a call, informing me that I needed to return the car I’ve been driving (while my vehicle is in the repair facility). With that in mind, I may have to, again, resort to public transportation; for those who are reading my blog for the first time, in order to get to the bus stop, I have to walk 2 1/2 miles in the hot Atlanta sun…OUCH, that’s painful. As I contemplated that fate, I was then reminded that A LEADER gives guidance; A LEADER gives instructions. A LEADER also has to go before whatever or whomever they are leading. What I’m saying is, a LEADER must be trained and developed in order to LEAD. What does that mean? Glad you asked (smiles)…A LEADER must pave the way; many times he or she must tread in foreign waters…first; they may have to go through unchartered territory…first. By following specialized instructions and practice, A LEADER is developed and in order to lead, one must become proficient or better yet, an expert in their field. (Luke 24:26 amp) stated that it was good that Jesus had suffered all these things before entering into HIS GLORY, HIS MAJESTY and SPLENDOR!!! Jesus Christ was and is every BELIEVERS Perfect LEADER. With that said, pain is very necessary for the DEVELOPMENT of LEADERS that will walk in the IMAGE of CHRIST. Jesus bore every pain associated with this world; HE faced abandonment, frustration loneliness and betrayal; which leads me to believe that there must be a process to this thing called LEADERSHIP!!! Do you feel that we can cut corners that our SAVOR didn't? My question to you today is "Can you STAND to LEAD"? For those of you who know that you have been called to LEAD, don't focus on the process, focus on the PROMISE. You may ask, just what is the PROMISE? The PROMISE IS SUCCESS IN GODS COVENANT KINDNESS and COVENANT FAVOR; GODS GRACE (getting things you didn't earn or deserve); HIS SUPER NATURAL INCREASE, RESTORATION, HONOR, INCREASED ASSETS, RECOGNITION, PROMINENCE, and most of all BATTLES WONWHICH WE OURSELVES DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT. A LEADER must always remember that this race wasn't given to the swift but to those who can and will endure to the end (Eccl.9:11) (Matt.24:13). For those of you who are LEADING GOD’S people, HOLD ON AND BE STRONG IN THE LORD. The trials and tribulations you face are HIS way of DEVELOPING your SPIRITUAL MUSCLES. So, as you get ready for your day, put on the full armor of GOD, the helmet of Salvation, which protects your mind from the thoughts of this world. Put on The Breastplate of Righteousness which protects your heart from the cares of this world. Gird up your loins with truth and prepare your feet with the PEACE of the Gospel (overwhelming good news). Also, pick up the Shield of Faith that you may quench every evil attempt by the wicked one. Pick up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the WORD of GOD (Eph.6:11-17 Amp). Today you shall be victorious not because of what it looks like or feels like, but because of what and in whom you BELIEVE!!!

Be BLESSED my friends and stay tuned to my next GOD inspired Blog of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment