Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What do u do while waiting?

What do you do while waiting? As I awoke on Saturday morning, I worked out with some friends at Foster Beach in Chicago, Ill. Yeah, I know, you're wondering how a trip to Chicago happens with no employment, right? Well, life is truly amazing!! As I typed this blog I was sitting eating breakfast at Nookies, a nice American style restaurant; the food was great and if you're ever in Chicago's Historic District in Edgewater, you should try it. Ok, now back to how I happened upon a trip to Chicago...as I reflect back to Friday, I'm thanking GOD again for allowing me to TRUST HIM. Initially, I wasn't going to make the trip to Chicago, based on my financial situation; however, I began to ponder, BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WHILE WAITING; waiting on GOD to open doors for you; waiting on God to give u that next great million dollar idea; or even waiting on someone to respond to the hundreds of applications for employment you've submitted? Well friends, I say you take advantage of every opportunity and seize every moment. Opportunities to see something new; opportunities to meet someone new; opportunities to learn something new. It's called networking and that's exactly what I've been doing with limited financial means. As you are a BLESSING to others, they will be a BLESSING to you (universal law). As I mentioned in a previous blog, I was ask to help some friends drive back to the old town I lived in (which, by the way, I ended up driving the entire trip). As a called a few people to let them know I was coming to town, one friend asked me to accompany him to Chicago later that evening and further stated that I need not worry about spending money, he said, "I got you, not only for helping me drive, but also for the great company". How many people think you're great company and want you around them for inspiration or simply to have a good time? We all have qualities that people love about us; do you no what your qualities are? If so, how are you perfecting them? Do you read? Do you pray? What are the things you're practicing that will help you be a better you? One of the biggest tricks the devil plays on us is to convince us that we should be alone, and isolated; he knows there is power in unity. In (Matt. 18:19-20) the Bible talks about touching and agreeing with others. There is power with being connected with others of like minds; those wanting the same things we do. So, if the bible is correct, why do we run away from others when we're going through life's valley experiences? Is it embarrassment? Is it that we don't want others to know what we lost or what money/material things we no longer have? Well, I was forced to silently answer each of those questions as I'm transitioning to my PROMISE!!! Friends, the battle we fight as people, as BELIEVERS, is in the mind. I found myself wanting to hide from the world out of embarrassment and a fear of being judged. I started to see how the devil uses the mind to shake us (Luke 22:31). Why does it matter to us what others think about our position in life and do they really even care? As I'm starting to understand the POWER and AUTHORITY I walk in, as a BELIEVER of CHRIST, I am not ashamed of where I am in life; I know this valley is all for the greater good; it is preparing me for where I'm going. I understand that it's WHAT WE DO WHILE WAITING that truly determines if and how fast we come through the wilderness. The children of Israel could have made it through the wilderness in one week but took them 40 years to get to they're PROMISE LAND. It took the dying away of the old mind sets for them to get they're INHERITANCE. Their old mind set were them waiting to see GOD move first, as he did when HE parted the Red Sea (when they were running from they're enemies); however, GOD was now trying to get them to now first BELIEVE HIS PROMISE. It took dying off the older folk before a new generation could BELIEVE and move in FAITH. The children that INHERITED THE PROMISED LAND were the ones that TRUELY BELIEVED that GOD would CARE for they're EVERY NEED. So friends, as you transition into your PROMISE, don't be fooled by the devils vices and tuck yourself away or isolate yourself from the world. Get out with others, enjoy every moment, do things you couldn't do before due to work or other obligations. Surround yourself with like minded people that believe in your dreams, those that BELIEVE your promise is closer than you think. Our GOD is not a respecter of person if HE'S done it for me, HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU! Be BLESSED my friends and Stay tuned for my next GOD inspired blog of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment