Friday, June 7, 2013

SMALL THINGS


Today I REJOICED (to feel joyful; be delighted) because $24 was credited to my account! For those of you reading my blog for the very first time, you may not know that I have not had a source of income (from a job or business) for over 6 months yet I still have financial obligations; thanks to the Awesome, Incredible, GOD I serve, I haven’t missed a beat in meeting said obligations. Yesterday after working out, and enjoying the sunny 86 degree weather here in the beautiful city of Atlanta, GA, I stopped for a haircut by my fabulous barber, who, by the way, cuts my hair FREE (FAVOR); on many occasions, I have also been able to assist him in his time of need. Helping others is an essential attribute of a TRUE BELIEVER. If you haven’t helped anyone in the last 30 days, you’re really doing yourself a great disservice. Whether you believe it or not there is a UNIVERSAL LAW called “REEPING AND SOWING”. Definition plainly put, whatever you SOW or PLANT, you will REEP or get back in turn. I don’t know about you but I need all the help I can get (hint…hint…clue…clue); so, with that being said, I’m helping as many people as I can. Sometimes it’s the SMALL THINGS that BLESSES or helps someone through a rough day or night or season in their life. For instance, a simple smile or compliment can go a long way in certain situations; offering a ride to someone that doesn’t have transportation could mean the world to them. There are countless ways we can help others and I could go on and on about the SMALL THINGS, but I won’t. My point is that not only should we do nice things for others, but we should rejoice over the SMALL THINGS, because SMALL THINGS lead to big things (Dan.8:9)
After getting my haircut, I went home to shower. I got dressed and went to my Tuesday 25 cent wing spot only to find I couldn’t get in because I had on my OHIO STATE BUCKEYES basketball jersey. “NO TANK TOPS ALLOWED”. At this point I had two options, leave and go all the way back home, wasting gas (yikes) or go across the street to TJ Max or Target and buy a T-shirt for a few dollars; I chose option 2 (which cost a little more than a few dollars). At any rate, I enjoyed the wings and good conversations, and went home. After getting home I tallied up today’s spending and felt like maybe I spent too much and I started to feel wasteful, considering that I’m on a budget now. Speaking of budgeting, it has really been good for me; it’s helping me to practice restraint. That’s another SMALL THING I praise my GOD for. There are multitudes of people that have had millions of dollars (athletes, entertainers, lottery winners) that are now in financial constraints simply because they failed to properly budget. I’m sure when they were rolling in the money, to them, budgeting was a SMALL THING, however now, it is everything. Back to my original thought…I went to bed worrying about my actions on that day. As I awoke the next morning, with thoughts of PRAISE, I was reminded in my morning devotion as well as morning Bible study at church, to continually BLESS my LORD and SAVIOR for the SMALL THINGS. I hope you all are starting to get it…morning devotion and bible study (MEDITATING ON THE WORD OF GOD and being taught THE WORD). So as the WORD resonated in my mind as I worked out and finally made it to the house, I was reminded to call my bank about a $12 banking fee I received a few weeks ago. As I inquired about the fee, they determined it was an error on their part and credited my account, not just the $12 but $24. I’ve never been so happy and joyous over $24 in my life, however, when you start to be mindful of the SMALL THINGS your heart becomes more APPRECAITIVE, more EXCITED and more importantly, more SENSITIVE to the move of GOD. Be BLESSED my friends and stay tune to the next GOD inspired blog of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment